Dear Yuletide Ninja
Dec. 20th, 2010 08:01 pmHello awesome writer-person! This is my first Yuletide, and, therefore, my first Yuletide letter. If you feel like stalking me, I am grlgoddess pretty much everywhere on the internet. My fics are all listed here, and I have some fics memmed here and faved here.
I read a lot, and I like most of it. I mainly prefer gen-ish stories, with just a hint of shipping in it (similar to what you can get out of most TV shows). I'll ship most things, and am not much of an OTP RAEG purist when it comes to even my favouritest pairings. In order of preference, I like het, then femslash, then slash. I usually like stories with humour in them, or that match the tone of the canon, but sometimes a well-timed dark!fic can be really good.
I don't think I have any severe squicks. I seem to have developed a bit of an embarrassment squick recently, where it becomes really awkward for me to read about any characters being put in a position where they're embarrassed. It's an odd squick, but it gets to me far worse than death or rape or severe violence (which I can pretty much handle).
For specific fandoms:
Enchanted Forest Chronicles - Patricia Wrede
* Cimorene (Enchanted Forest),
* Morwen (Enchanted Forest),
* Awesome,
* F/M
* I would love something light and fluffy, very much in the tone of the series, but something where the danger was ramped up would also be cool (maybe some wizards or even a new evil entity?).
I love this series because, while I read a lot of fantasy, this one is very self-aware about its fantasy setting, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I read the fourth book first, not knowing it was part of a series, and a few years later I was able to buy the first three (which I found I liked better). I love how everything's very sensible, which is sort of contrasted with how un-sensible it is to be living in such an enchanted land. Morwen is awesome, and I kinda love her relationship with Telemain. And the cats. I want to be able to talk to cats now.
Greek and Roman Mythology
* Athena (Greek and Roman Mythology),
* Artemis (Greek and Roman Mythology),
* Hades (Greek and Roman Mythology),
* Persephone (Greek Mythology),
* Greek Mythology - Freeform
* The characters listed are very much optional, if you want, those are just some of my faves. I'd love anything with Greek mythology, from a humourous take, to a modern interpretation of a myth, or something dark and twisted.
I absolutely love Greek Mythology. When I was littler, and first got the internet, I looked at at least 20 pages of Google results for Artemis, and read each one (I hadn't found proper fandom at that point, what else was I supposed to do?). I'm also in love with Athena right now, and Hades/Persephone, and everything else really. I love it all, and absolutely anything you give will be lovely!
HOMER - Works
* Odysseus (Homer),
* Penelope (Odyssey),
* Fluff,
* F/M,
* Mature
* Anything to do with Odysseus/Penelope would be amazing, maybe some heartstring-tugging conversation before he left for Troy, or something happier after he finally came home.
In grade 8 (ish), the Odyssey was my favourite book. I still absolutely love everything about it. Seriously. Everything.
Jekyll (TV)
* F/M,
* Mature
* This show was so dark and twisted, it'd be great if you could emulate that. If that kind of darkness isn't your style, some lighter Claire/Tom would be lovely!
I'd been meaning to watch this show for a while before I actually got around to it. I love Steven Moffat from Doctor Who stuff, and Gina Bellman from Leverage. This is the video that finally made me commit to watching the series:
So, yes. I am ridiculously easy to please, and can't wait for whatever you come up with!!
I read a lot, and I like most of it. I mainly prefer gen-ish stories, with just a hint of shipping in it (similar to what you can get out of most TV shows). I'll ship most things, and am not much of an OTP RAEG purist when it comes to even my favouritest pairings. In order of preference, I like het, then femslash, then slash. I usually like stories with humour in them, or that match the tone of the canon, but sometimes a well-timed dark!fic can be really good.
I don't think I have any severe squicks. I seem to have developed a bit of an embarrassment squick recently, where it becomes really awkward for me to read about any characters being put in a position where they're embarrassed. It's an odd squick, but it gets to me far worse than death or rape or severe violence (which I can pretty much handle).
For specific fandoms:
Enchanted Forest Chronicles - Patricia Wrede
* Cimorene (Enchanted Forest),
* Morwen (Enchanted Forest),
* Awesome,
* F/M
* I would love something light and fluffy, very much in the tone of the series, but something where the danger was ramped up would also be cool (maybe some wizards or even a new evil entity?).
I love this series because, while I read a lot of fantasy, this one is very self-aware about its fantasy setting, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I read the fourth book first, not knowing it was part of a series, and a few years later I was able to buy the first three (which I found I liked better). I love how everything's very sensible, which is sort of contrasted with how un-sensible it is to be living in such an enchanted land. Morwen is awesome, and I kinda love her relationship with Telemain. And the cats. I want to be able to talk to cats now.
Greek and Roman Mythology
* Athena (Greek and Roman Mythology),
* Artemis (Greek and Roman Mythology),
* Hades (Greek and Roman Mythology),
* Persephone (Greek Mythology),
* Greek Mythology - Freeform
* The characters listed are very much optional, if you want, those are just some of my faves. I'd love anything with Greek mythology, from a humourous take, to a modern interpretation of a myth, or something dark and twisted.
I absolutely love Greek Mythology. When I was littler, and first got the internet, I looked at at least 20 pages of Google results for Artemis, and read each one (I hadn't found proper fandom at that point, what else was I supposed to do?). I'm also in love with Athena right now, and Hades/Persephone, and everything else really. I love it all, and absolutely anything you give will be lovely!
HOMER - Works
* Odysseus (Homer),
* Penelope (Odyssey),
* Fluff,
* F/M,
* Mature
* Anything to do with Odysseus/Penelope would be amazing, maybe some heartstring-tugging conversation before he left for Troy, or something happier after he finally came home.
In grade 8 (ish), the Odyssey was my favourite book. I still absolutely love everything about it. Seriously. Everything.
Jekyll (TV)
* F/M,
* Mature
* This show was so dark and twisted, it'd be great if you could emulate that. If that kind of darkness isn't your style, some lighter Claire/Tom would be lovely!
I'd been meaning to watch this show for a while before I actually got around to it. I love Steven Moffat from Doctor Who stuff, and Gina Bellman from Leverage. This is the video that finally made me commit to watching the series:
So, yes. I am ridiculously easy to please, and can't wait for whatever you come up with!!